Aims and Objectives
This course aimed to give an overview on the design and application of FRP strengthening in rehabilitation of reinforced concrete structures in accordance to the latest Concrete Society Technical Report 55 (TR 55) design guidance. The course content mainly featured specific design aspects on flexural strengthening, shear strengthening and axial confinement strengthening. At the end of the course, participants should be able to design and apply the use of FRP reinforcement in strengthening of existing concrete structures.
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basis design consideration in the TR 55 design guidance for FRP strengthening.
- Design FRP strengthened concrete members in flexure, shear and axially-loaded.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for practicing civil and structural engineers, postgraduate research students and academics who work in the area of rehabilitation and strengthening of concrete structures and wish to enhance their knowledge and understanding on the design of FRP strengthening according to Concrete Society Technical Report 55 (TR 55).
- Basic design consideration in FRP strengthened members
- Flexural strengthening design
- Shear strengthening design
- Axially-loaded strengthening
- Conclusion and closing remark
Expression of Interest
Please kindly register your interest on the course below. Our team of advisors will contact you shortly with further full details of the course.